February 25 2009
Our cooler younger sibling etcetc is working its cool gene hard this week, with a new single out from Lost Valentinos called 'Serio'. We don't know what that means, either. Listen for it and wait around for us to be allowed to post the video as it's pretty cool, too.
In the meantime, here are seven things you didn't know about Lost Valentinos (to go with the other thousands of things), stolen shamelessly from their press release:
– Their Debut EP (produced by Kim Moyes of The Presets) and sophomore EP (produced by Nick Littlemore and Pete Mayes of PNAU) both received critical acclaim, sold out of stock and put them on the map.
– Their third EP 'Miles From Nowhere' was released on French tastemaker label Kitsune (home to previous singles from Digitalism, Klaxons, Hot Chip and Late Of The Pier).
– Their forthcoming debut album Cities Of Gold was produced by super producer Ewan Pearson (The Rapture, M83) over the past two years in Sydney, London and Berlin and tells the story of the search for the lost city of gold.
– The debut single from new album The Bismarck is still being flogged on Triple J (added to high rotation), peaking at #3 Most-Played.
– The video clip for lead single 'Serio' was directed by Dave Ma (director of all clips for UK indie darlings Foals) with cinematography from Ross McLennan (multi MVA award-winning cinematographer of Lykke Li, Kate Nash, CSS, and Ladyhawke).
– The singles and album artwork are by the supremely talented Jonathan Zawada (The Presets, Muscles, The Annual etc).
– LV have a fantastic UK team, including booking agent Cris Hearn (Cut Copy, Late Of The Pier, LCD Soundsystem) and tastemaker press agents Toast Press (La Roux, MGMT, The Ting Tings, Delphic).